In a move to enhance its Business Class services, Time Warner Cable announced a new cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) that will give small-to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) access to reliable, easy-to-use hosted communication and collaboration solutions—which would help eliminate the cost of maintaining external hard drives and facilitate in backing up all important files.
SMBs can now take advantage of enterprise-grade productivity and collaboration management solutions, such as Hosted Microsoft Exchange® 2010, SharePoint® 2010 and Outlook—which are included in the cloud service at no additional charge. Time Warner Cable Business Class Cloud Services include many convenient features and benefits, such as:
- The ability to access to e-mail, calendars, contact lists and documents on multiple devices such as PCs, mobile phones, and tablets anywhere there’s an internet connection
- No overhead for additional equipment such as external hard drives and extra servers
- Live access to technical help 24/7/365
- Cloud solutions offer enhanced flexibility and scalability, which means it should be able to accommodate your needs as your business changes or grows
- Anti-spam and anti-virus technology to protect your computers and files
- Secure and reliable enterprise-grade data centers
- Comprehensive, user friendly online service management
“With Time Warner Cable Business Class Cloud Services, SMBs have affordable and reliable access to communications technology that was typically only available to larger enterprises,” said Greg King, Time Warner Cable’s Senior VP of Business Services Product and Strategy. “Our turnkey, fully managed, hosted solutions enhance communication and collaboration without the need to invest in additional hardware or manpower resources.”
This should make coordinating projects and communications much easier while minimizing overhead, which should be a boon for SMBs. Spiralling overhead costs are just one of the factors that can inhibit the growth of a business. With Time Warner Cable’s cloud based service for businesses, it should be easier for SMBs to run their operations smoothly without the worry of cost overruns eating into revenue.